Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to Lasso the Lactose!  For about six years now I have been lactose free and have been working to replace the dairy void in my life.  When I first decided to cut out lactose completely, I resorted to substituting with soy, almond, coconut and rice products, but to be honest they just aren't the same!  Before I was willing to admit that I was lactose intolerant, I used to have a bowl of ice cream every night for dessert but then a time came where I could no longer deny the truth.  Since then, I had been unable to replace that luxurious treat and many other favorite foods with substitute products.  Wanting to find the perfect lactose free treats, I decided to go on a culinary adventure to create my own lactose free recipes!  I refuse to stand on the side lines of deliciousness just because my body does not seem to want to cooperate.  One in every three people is lactose intolerant, so I am creating this blog to share the recipes and tricks I have learned that have allowed me to enjoy many of the foods I thought I would have to say good-bye to forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment