Wednesday, February 19, 2014

About Me

Growing up, many of my favorite memories have been made in the kitchen.  My mother always prepared our meals at home so every bit of culinary skills I have learned, I owe to her.  I have always struggled with finding the right foods and recipes that agree with me but as I have gotten older and have been able to figure out what foods are best for me I have worked towards fitting them back into some of my favorite childhood meals.

One of my life mottos, as Ke$ha once said is, "we are who we are," and as much I accept myself for who I am, I am always striving to make myself and my life better.  One of the ways I do this is through food.  I love using food as a way to get friends and family together and to relax with a nice meal after a long day of work.  As I grow as a person I know I will grow as a cook and I am excited to see where this adventure takes me.

I try my best to use simple, local ingredients in my recipes.  There is no better ingredient than something fresh.  Sometimes the best way to have success in the kitchen is to keep it simple. Whether or not you are lactose intolerant, I hope that through my blog and my recipes you too will enjoy the food that I love to share with my friends and family and if you too struggle with lactose intolerance, that you will never feel left out at the table again!

No comments:

Post a Comment